Gyakuten Saiban: Sono “Shinjitsu”, Igiari! (Turnabout Trial: I object to that truth!) is an anime adaptation of Capcom's Ace Attorney series of visual novel legal thriller adventure games. Produced by A-1 Pictures, the anime series was first announced at the 2015 Tokyo Game Show during Capcom's Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Spirit of Justice stage presentation and premiered in April 2016 in Japan. The anime streaming site Crunchyroll is providing a subtitled version for online viewing outside Asia.  A upcoming second season is set to premiere on Fall 2018, with a story based on Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations.
The story of the first season, which is based on the original trilogy of the main games (specifically Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney and Justice For All), takes place in an alternate world where the court system has been changed to the point where trials held in first instance courts must reach a verdict within three days.
Phoenix Wright is a rookie defense lawyer who works under his mentor, Mia Fey. When Mia is suddenly murdered, Phoenix befriends her younger sister Maya, a medium-in-training with the power to call on the spirits of the dead. Joined by Maya, Phoenix stands up to defend his clients on court, often butting heads with the prosecutor Miles Edgeworth who used to be one his childhood friend and is now a ruthless man determined to obtain a guilty veredict by all means necessary, no matter if the defendant is actually innocent or not.
|Ryuichi Naruhodou/Phoenix Wright||Yuuki Kaji|
|Mayoi Ayasato/Maya Fey||Aoi Yuuki|
|Reiji Mitsurugi/Miles Edgeworth||Masashi Tamaki|
|Chihiro Ayasato/Mia Fey||Chie Nakamura|
|Masashi Yahari/Larry Butz||Tooru Nara|
|Keisuke Itonokogiri/Dick Gumshoe||Masami Iwasaki|
- Chief Producer: Yuji Kikukawa
- Producer: Kouji Nagai
- Director: Ayumu Watanabe
- Series Composition: Atsuhiro Tomioka
- Character Design: Keiko Ota
- Music: Kaoru Wada
- Animation Production: A-1 Pictures
- Series Production: Yomiuri TV/A-1 Pictures
- Advisor: Shu Takumi
On February 19th, 2016, Shu Takumi posted a message on Twitter, and announced that voice recording for the anime series has begun. It’s all a bit new for him, as he’s never been involved with the production of an anime series before.
The staff, cast and crew were also revealed in December 19, 2015, the day the official website opened. NNS then later confirmed and revealed the anime's release date.
A manga adaptation by Naoyuki Kageyama was serialized in Shueisha's V-Jump magazine. A Real Escape game based on the anime was announced, it take place in the summer 2016 in several major cities across Japan.
- ↑ http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/ace-attorney-full-title-and-premiere-date-revealed-for-the-anime-series/
- ↑ http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/tgs15-ace-attorney-6-first-trailer-and-additional-details-anime-series-announced/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Gyakuten_capcom/status/644360376885207041
- ↑ http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-09-17/ace-attorney-game-franchise-gets-tv-anime-in-april-2016/.93037
- ↑ Guest Author(2016-04-01). "Crunchyroll Adds 'Ace Attorney' to Spring Anime Season!". Crunchyroll. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- ↑ https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-03-15/ace-attorney-anime-gets-2nd-season-this-fall/.129044
- ↑ https://twitter.com/takumi_gt/status/700674776872800256
- ↑ http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/ace-attorney-interview-of-the-anime-series-cast-eshop-sale-japan/