Ace Attorney, known in Japan as Gyakuten Saiban (逆転裁判, Gyakuten Saiban? lit. "Turnabout Trial"), is a series of adventure/visual novel games created by Shu Takumi and published by Capcom in which players assume the role of a defense attorney in a fictional courtroom setting, which is based on the Japanese legal system, to strive to find their clients "not guilty" using investigation, evidence, and cross-examination to prove their case.
The first three games in the series, originally released only in Japan and in Japanese between 2001 and 2004 for the Game Boy Advance platform, have been ported to the Nintendo DS as well as localized into English and other languages. The series has been developed for the DS from the ground up starting in the fourth game. The DS remakes and games in the series take advantage of the DS features, including the microphone and touchscreen.
The newest upcoming game, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies, will be released for the Nintendo 3DS in 2013, the game will star Phoenix Wright who will once again become the protagonist.
The first three games began arriving on Wii systems via downloadable WiiWare starting in January 2010 beginning with the original game, followed by the March release of Justice For All and finally Trials and Tribulations in May 2010.
Promotional art and illustration for the series was mostly done by Tatsuro Iwamoto.
Games in the Series Edit
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - 2001
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice For All - 2002
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations - 2004
- Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney - 2007
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies - 2013
- Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth - 2009
- Gyakuten Kenji 2 - 2011 (Japan)
- Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney - 2012 (Japan)