The first three games in the series, originally released only in Japan and in Japanese between 2001 and 2004 for the Game Boy Advance platform, have been ported to the Nintendo DS as well as localized into English and other languages. The series has been developed for the DS from the ground up starting in the fourth game. The DS remakes and games in the series take advantage of the DS features, including the microphone and touchscreen.
The fifth game, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies, was released for the Nintendo 3DS in 2013, the game stars Phoenix Wright who is once again the protagonist. A sixth entry in the main series, tentatively titled Ace Attorney 6 (Gyakuten Saiban 6), was announced for international release on September 1, 2015.
The first three games began arriving on Wii systems via downloadable WiiWare starting in January 2010 beginning with the original game, followed by the March release of Justice For All and finally Trials and Tribulations in May 2010.
The series has also been adapted into other media, such as manga, stage plays, musicals, and a live-action film adaptation released in 2012. A TV anime series based on the franchise is planned to premiere in April 2016.
Games in the series Edit
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - (2001)
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice For All - (2002)
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations - (2004)
- Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney - (2007)
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies - (2013)
- Ace Attorney 6 - (TBA)
- Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth - (2009)
- Gyakuten Kenji 2 - (2011 - Japan only)
- Dai Gyakuten Saiban: Naruhodo Ryunosuke no Boken - (2015 - Japan only)
- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy - (2014) - A game compilation for the Nintendo 3DS consisting of the first three games in the series. The compilation includes updated graphics, similar to the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy HD compilation for mobile devices, as well as stereoscopic 3D support.
Other media Edit
- Ace Attorney (anime)