Bengus (べんがす) is a Japanese illustrator, character designer, and game creator. He is mainly known for being one of Capcom's most famous main designers from the company's early days. He has had several different pen names before his current one, some of which include Mido Shiito (水戸椎土), CRMK, Holy Homerun, and others. Since 2009, he has often gone by the pen name Gouda Cheese. His bloodtype is B.
He grew up copying Leiji Matsumoto and Akira Toriyama's illustrations as a hobby and found that he had a passion for art. He joined Capcom in 1992 and used paints and markers early on. He describes his style as somewhat counterproductive as he usually conceives, sketches, and colors an illustration in one shot. Back when he used paper media, he would occasionally touch up artwork with a few polishing details. He now uses Photoshop and mainly draws with a tablet. He left the company in 2006 and mainly works as a freelancer, though he has done a promotional image for Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
After several years, Bengus returns to work on a Capcom fighting game as an in-game artist for Street Fighter V, specifically in the Story and Tutorial Modes.
Works for CapcomEdit
- Street Fighter - character art
- Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom - backgrounds
- Alien vs. Predator - backgrounds, in-game artwork
- Super Street Fighter II - promotional + main illustrator
- Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors - main illustrator, in-game demo artwork
- Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge - main illustrator, in-game demo artwork
- Street Fighter Alpha - main illustrator, in-game demo artwork
- Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact - Akuma's portrait art.
- Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara & Dragons - in-game demo artwork
- Street Fighter Alpha 3 - character art, promotional illustrator, in-game demo artwork
- Final Fight 3 - promotional illustrator
- X-Men vs. Street Fighter - promotional illustrator, in-game demo artwork
- Star Gladiator - promotional illustrator
- Red Earth - in-game demo artwork
- Street Fighter EX - character select screen and portrait art.
- Darkstalkers 3 - promotional illustrator, in-game demo artwork
- Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter - promotional illustrator, in-game demo artwork
- Plasma Sword - promotional illustrator
- Power Stone - promotional illustrator
- Cannon Spike - promotional illustrator
- Power Stone 2 - promotional illustrator
- Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes - character art, promotional artwork
- Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams - character designer, promotional artwork
- Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
- E.X. Troopers - character and promotional art
- Street Fighter V - In-Game story/tutorial artwork