Bilstein, as he appears in Plasma Sword.
|Full Name||Edward Bilstein|
|Birthplace||United States of America|
|Weight||126kg (278 lbs.)|
|Measurements (Bust, Waist, Hip)||N/A|
Dr. Edward Bilstein is the main villain of Star Gladiator and Plasma Sword. Bilstein is a tyrant and mad scientist who wields a Plasma Broadsword and leads the Fourth Empire in his universal conquest, seeking to gain legendary status as being the greatest genius of the universe itself.
Once a Nobel Prize-winning physicist for the Earth Federation, Bilstein had stumbled upon a research document left behind by one of his ancestors. It described Plasma Power and how it could be derived from human emotions. Bilstein was driven by his ancestor's evil will because they were unable to complete the project and that Bilstein himself had decided to carry out their work and build the unknown Plasma weapon. However, before Bilstein could realize his evil plot, he was detected by the Earth Federation and was then arrested for violating human rights, using actual human bodies in his experiments. Four years later, Bilstein was able to break out of Planet Zeta's prison satellite through the use of his new cybernetic body. He sought to conquer Earth and the rest of the universe with his Fourth Empire, but his plans were destroyed by Hayato, who killed Bilstein from within the events of the Final Crusade. Despite his apparent "death", Bilstein was able to transcend his spirit into a new cybernetic body and he was able to gather his forces once more, seeking to eliminate all obstacles standing in his way of universal conquest.
After his cybernetic body was destroyed at the end of Star Gladiator by Hayato, Dr. Edward Bilstein was able to transcend his spirit into another cybernetic host. The remains that he left behind had assumed a skeletal visage, and took on a life of its own, obsessed with killing Hayato. This form is known as Bilstein's Ghost.
"Oh well. The fake cannot defeat the real. What a waste of space that thing was!"
Bilstein had defeated a clone of himself. The clone didn't stand a chance.
"And now, this should be enough to destroy the rest of the wimps on Earth!"
With those words, Bilstein stretches his hand toward the Earth and clenches his fist. Is this the true Bilstein, ready to end the world? Or is this just another clone of the real Bilstein? We are not in a position to know that...
In one of his two endings, after battling and defeating Hayato, Bilstein grabs him by the face.
- BILSTEIN: Miracles don't happen twice, do they, Hayato Kanzaki? My ultimate weapon is near completion thanks to your plasma power! Work hard...work hard for me! Ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Suddenly, Blood appears.
- BLOOD: Hold it there, Bilstein!
- BILSTEIN: Oh...it's you, Blood. So, you are still alive.
- BLOOD: Yes. I've come to destroy you.
- BILSTEIN: Heh heh heh heh...for revenge?
- BLOOD: What's so funny?
- BILSTEIN: You are pathetic to be obsessed by revenge. That only serves my purposes!
System activated. Now sending power to the Space End...
- BILSTEIN: ...Oh, this is wonderful! This exceeds my expectations! With this plasma power, destroying a planet will be a piece of cake!
An image of Bilstein towering over the earth is shown.
- BILSTEIN: Earth will be the first to go! Idiots, prepare to die! I am the absolute ruler! Bilstein is eternal!
- Bilstein's ghost appeared in Tekkaman Blade and Joe the Condor's endings in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars.