|Measurements (Bust, Waist, Hip)|
Black Widow is a fighting game character and CWA wrestler from Ring of Destruction: Slam Masters 2, the second game in the Slam Masters series of wrestling games. She is the only playable female in the series and her stage is located in Hanover, Germany.
She's stated to sport a lean but muscular frame in a full-body costume, fooling opponents with her flexibility. In-game, her design is androgynous with a deep voice, and advertisements purposefully used neutral Japanese pronouns to leave it up in the air whether or not the character was male or female. Her unique attack skill is the Frankensteiner. Unlike most characters that turn red when 'heated', her costume turns silver.
In her ending, she reveals herself to be very much female (and sports a very female voice). It's never stated exactly why she posed as she did in the game, though given that she is the only female wrestler, it's speculated that the CWA prohibits women from registering.
- Due to space constraints in some points of the game such as the select screen, her name is shortened to B. Widow. Everywhere else, however, refers to her by her full name.
- Black Widow is later referenced in one of Hugo's Street Fighter III: 2nd Impact endings as his opponent in a tag team match with Mike Haggar.
- She is likely modeled after Mariko Yoshida, a female wrestler known for her flexibility, musculature, and full-body costume with a black widow spider motif.
- Even though she is not part of the Street Fighter cast, Black Widow is notably the largest playable woman in the Street Fighter universe (which is set in the same universe as Final Fight which Slam Masters is also part of), according to character statistics.
- According to the Street Fighter V character guide, Yoko Harmageddon (an NPC Street Fighter character and R. Mika's mentor) was forced to retire from pro wrestling years ago due to hurting her neck and waist in a match against Black Widow.