Breath of Fire 6 (Breath of Fire 6: Hakuryū no Shugosha-tachi (ブレスオブファイア6 白竜の守護者たち lit. Breath of Fire 6: Guardians of the White Dragon) is an online, web-based role-playing video game developed and published by Capcom as the sixth main installment of the Breath of Fire series. It was announced on August 1, 2013, and was released in Japan on February 24, 2016 for touch-based Microsoft Windows computers and Android systems, and later for iOS on July 12, 2016. It was produced by Kazunori Sugiura. The game's server will shutdown on September 27, 2017.
Breath of Fire 6 was first announced in August 2013 during Capcom's Network Game Conference in Japan, where it was given a tentative release date in the region for the following year. It is the first installment in the series to not debut on a home console, and was created specifically for touch-based PCs, smart phones and tablets.
Capcom designed the game as an "Easy touch type online RPG" with simple controls and "exhilarating combat", and is the first main series title released since Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter in 2002. The title supports online play as well as a cross-platform save feature that will allow players to resume their progress on separate devices. The service was originally set to launch in Japan some time during summer 2014.
The story takes place 1,000 years after the battle of a young man who used the "Power of the Dragon". The world has went through a terrible process of desertification, but its people survived this crisis and now lives hopeful for a new era. But in the backstage the powerful Schwartz Empire disrupted that peace, overtaking the world slowly and dominating smaller countries, one by one.
One of those lands that fell under the Empire's strength was Dragnier, which is home to the Hero. The Schwartz Empire attacked the village, destroying all in their path. Peridot, who just happened to come by the ruins, found the Hero in trouble and saves them.
Talk of the "Power of the Dragon" and the "Song of the Dragon" have been mentioned but not much is known about it. It seems it will take a large role in the plot of Breath of Fire 6.
Breath of Fire 6 will feature gameplay that has not been shown previously to the series and will also implement new elements.
Combat will have a heavy focus on AI controlled Fellows and a combo system. Fellows and the player will each have their own skills which will help the player form timed combos. Combos will work by using skills and combining spells that a character can use. Spells such the Flare line from previous games will be returning. A combo will work like: Flare + Fireblast = Fire Elemental Chain Combo.
A customizable character will be controlled by the player, this character's name is Hero. The Hero's appearance, gender, skills, and stat growth will all be player controlled. The Hero is also said to have the "Power of the Dragon" which will allow the Hero to use Dragon Transformations.
One of the online features that Breath of Fire 6 boasts is the ability to build a village. The village that the player will build is Dragnier. Players will be able to build up their village as the game progresses which revolves around a community. The player will be able to also visit other players Dragnier and help out. The community that will develop in the village will be able to help the Hero in some way.
The game will feature over 600 pieces of armour and weapons including the GooKing Sword.
More than 350 characters, including some important ones like Nina, will be able to become Fellows to the Hero. The player will be able to change the jobs and skills of their Fellows, who will become residents of Dragnier's Community.
- Nina - A traveller who is related to the Wing Clan, a race of people who were once able to transform into Great Birds, she left her home of Wyndia after it was taken over.
- Hero - the main character, they hold the Power of the Dragon within them.
- Gilliam - A hardened warrior who protects the Forest of the Dawn, he is extremely loyal and will risk his life for his companions.
- Amelia - A intellectual woman who is quite friendly and relaxed, she has the ability to use magic.
- Klaus - One of the highest ranked officers of the Schwartz Empire's military force, he was involved with the attack on Dragnier.
- Jubei - A older wise man who seeks out to help the Hero on their journey.
- Elise - The staff officer of the Schwartz Empire, she works along side of Klaus.
- This is the first Breath of Fire game where the player does not control a character named Ryu.
- ↑ 『ブレス オブ ファイア 6 白竜の守護者たち』9月27日をもってサービス終了、払い戻し受付は9月28日から
- ↑ http://www.famitsu.com/news/201308/01037648.html