Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Clover Studio クローバースタジオ株式会社 (Kurōbāsutajio Kabushikigaisha) was an independent Japanese development studio and one of Capcom's subsidiaries. Clover Studio developed the PlayStation 2 port of Viewtiful Joe, both versions of Viewtiful Joe 2 for the Nintendo GameCube and PlayStation 2, and the PlayStation 2 titles Ōkami and God Hand.
The name "clover" is supposedly an abbreviation of "creativity lover". However, according to Insert Credit's more recent interview with Clover's CEO Atsushi Inaba, the name Clover derives from the Japanese syllables mi ("three") and ba ("leaf") coming from the names of Shinji Mikami and Clover's Atsushi Inaba.
On October 12 2006, a Capcom Co., Ltd. Board of Directors meeting resolved to dissolve Clover Studio. The dissolution occurred at the end of March 2007. All of Clover's intellectual properties defaulted back to Capcom, leaving the possibility open for further sequels. God Hand was the last game developed by Clover.
Games developed by Clover StudioEdit
- Viewtiful Joe - (2003) (PlayStation 2, port from GameCube)
- Viewtiful Joe 2 – (2004) (GameCube and PlayStation 2)
- Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble – (2005) (GameCube)
- Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble! – (2005) (Nintendo DS)
- Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble – (2006) (PlayStation Portable)
- Ōkami – (2006) (PlayStation 2)
- God Hand – (2006) (PlayStation 2)
- ↑ http://www.gamegossip.com/pressrelease.php?id=7182%7C
- ↑ http://www.insertcredit.com/archives/001350.html
- ↑ http://ir.capcom.co.jp/english/news/html/e061012a.html
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20061029040447/http://ir.capcom.co.jp/english/news/html/e061012a.html
- ↑ http://ps3.ign.com/articles/764/764965p1.html
- ↑ http://www.platinumgames.co.jp/main/index.html