Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2: Naruhodou Ryuunosuke no Kakugo (大逆転裁判２ -成歩堂龍ノ介の覺悟-; lit. "Great Turnabout Trial 2: The Resolve of Ryūnosuke Naruhodō") is an upcoming visual novel mystery adventure game developed and published by Capcom for the Nintendo 3DS. It is the sequel to Dai Gyakuten Saiban: Naruhodō Ryūnosuke no Bōken, the prequel spin-off game to Capcom's Ace Attorney series of visual novel legal mystery adventure games and the eleventh installment overall in the series. Like its predecessor, it is directed by series creator Shu Takumi, with Kazuya Nuri handling art and Yasumasa Kitagawa composing the soundtrack. However, Motohide Eshiro have been added to the team as the producer. The game was announced at the Tokyo Game Show 2016 on September 17 and was released on August 3rd, 2017 in Japan.
Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 takes place six months after the first game, near the the end of Japan's Meiji period. Although Susato Mikotoba returned to Japan in the first game, she ends up meeting Ryūnosuke Naruhodō again. It is implied in the announcement trailer that Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 would tie up all the loose ends and lingering questions introduced in the previous game.
- Ryūnosuke Naruhodō (成歩堂 龍ノ介) - The protagonist and an ancestor to Ryūichi Naruhodō (Phoenix Wright). He has a strong sense of justice and is prone to putting himself in dangerous situations.
- Susato Mikotoba (御琴羽 寿沙都) - A judicial assistant working alongside Naruhodō. Described as a "yamato nadeshiko" with a progressive frame of mind and a love for books on law and foreign mystery novels. She also has something of a sweet tooth.
- Sherlock Holmes (シャーロック ホームズ) - Based on the famous fictional English detective of the same name created by real-life author Arthur Conan Doyle, the legendary Holmes is well-known for his talent for rapid-fire abductive reasoning. He assists Naruhodō with crime investigations.
- Iris Watson (アイリス ワトソン) - A ten-year old girl who has a medical doctorate and is also Holmes's assistant. Iris is a genius inventor and doctor who has invented rudimentary forensic instruments for use in Holmes's investigations. In this continuity, she is the author of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.
On July 7th, 2017, Capcom announced that the game had gone gold and celebrated with a trailer.
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BglbdrDAhoI
- ↑ http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/dai-gyakuten-saiban-2-announced-first-trailer-more-ace-attorney-announcements
- ↑ http://forums.court-records.net/viewtopic.php?p=1376433&sid=85922217ab7b0e2766ec2eb820311f33#p1376433
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KvW9rf-Uhs