Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Edayan (えだやん) - real name: Shinya Edaki (枝木真也) - is an illustrator who works for Capcom. He is best known for his work in the Rival Schools series. His pen name is an actually a nickname from his older brother when they were younger. He considers himself very fortunate to have been hired by the company since he entered a drawing contest for the Darkstalkers series in the now defunct Gamest magazine. They were looking for new artists and he was basically hired on the spot. He does his work mainly on PC and uses a Mac to speed him through.
His influences vary from children's anime (such as Doremon), popular movies in Japan, and films from around the world. He aims to always seek new and stylish ideas to incorporate into his style. He stated that when he was creating the illustration for the Street Fighter Alpha Japanese PS cover, he tried to imitate the style in Spriggan for Ryu. In his eyes, he jokes that the concept horribly backfired.
Works for CapcomEdit
- Red Earth - promotional artwork
- Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge - calendar illustration
- Street Fighter Alpha series - promotional artwork in various titles; SFA3 - package artwork
- Super Gem Fighter: Mini Mix - minor artwork
- Street Fighter EX series - main illustrator
- Rival Schools and Project Justice - character designer, main illustrator, promotional artwork
- Super Street Fighter II Turbo Revival - character portrait art
- Monster Hunter series - monster designs, various illustrations
- Ace Attorney (Gyakuten Saiban) series - character designer, main illustrator