Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Kobayashi studied computer science at Chukyo University. After graduating, he was hired at Capcom in 1995 as a programmer on the first Resident Evil game. After working as programmer on the sequel and a planner on the first Dino Crisis game, his first producer role was on Dino Crisis 2 in 2000.
Starting with the first Sengoku Basara game (titled Devil Kings in North America) in 2005, Kobayashi worked as the producer for the video game series as well as a planning supervisor for the various anime adaptations. He was very interested in the Sengoku period and wanted to create an action game inspired by that period.
Kobayashi has worked on a number of video games, including the following (dates given are for the Japanese release). Credits are for producer unless otherwise indicated.
- Resident Evil (programmer, 1996)
- Resident Evil 2 (programmer, 1998)
- Dino Crisis (planner, 1999)
- Dino Crisis 2 (2000)
- Devil May Cry (2001)
- Resident Evil CODE: Veronica X (associate producer, 2001)
- Resident Evil (2002 video game) (2002)
- Resident Evil Zero (promotional producer, 2002)
- Dino Crisis 3 (2003)
- P.N.03 (2003)
- Under the Skin (2004)
- Resident Evil 4 (2005)
- Killer7 (2005)
- Sengoku BASARA (2005)
- Sengoku BASARA 2 (2006)
- Sengoku BASARA 2: Heroes (2007)
- Devil May Cry 4 (2008)
- Sengoku BASARA X (2008)
- Sengoku BASARA: Battle Heroes (2009)
- Sengoku BASARA: Samurai Heroes (2010)
- Sengoku BASARA Chronicle Heroes (2011)
- Dragon's Dogma (2012)
- Resident Evil 6 (executive producer, 2012)
- Project X Zone (Supervision & Cooperation (Devil May Cry Series), 2012)
- Sengoku Basara 4 (2014)
- Gaist Crusher (2014)
Kobayashi has also worked on several anime series.
- Devil May Cry: The Animated Series (anime TV series, supervisor, 2007)
- Resident Evil: Degeneration (CG anime film, producer, 2008)
- Sengoku BASARA: Samurai Kings (anime TV series, planning supervisor, 2009)
- Sengoku BASARA II (anime TV series, planning supervisor, 2010)
- Sengoku BASARA: The Last Party (anime film, planning supervisor, 2011)
- Resident Evil: Damnation (CG anime film, producer, 2012)
- ↑ http://www.jp.playstation.com/psworld/interview/200610/
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ http://mantan-web.jp/2009/05/06/20090501mog00m200056000c.html