Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ieyasu Tokugawa, also known as Irdene, is a character from the Sengoku BASARA series of action strategy games.
Ieyasu Tokugawa is at first a far cry from his usual appearance in various media, portrayed as a little kid with very limited patience. He was a young boy with high ambitions and tends to speak as if he is an old man. Rather lacking in war capabilities and personal battle, Ieyasu put great trust on his army, and especially his mighty warrior Tadakatsu Honda. He was usually referred to by his child name "Takechiyo". Because of that, he was prone to getting kidnapped and had to depend on Tadakatsu to rescue him, making him look like a pathetic, over-dependent daimyo (military lord).
This changes in Sengoku BASARA: Samurai Heroes, where he is depicted to have grown up and taken position as one of the main characters of the game alongside Yukimura Sanada and Masamune Date, signifying that he is now able to take care of himself. Since having put an end to Hideyoshi, Mitsunari Ishida is now his fiercest foe.
Before Sengoku BASARA: Samurai Heroes, Ieyasu wielded a spear and fought in the same style of Toshiie Maeda. From Samurai Heroes on, his story depicts him to have discarded his weapon (along with his helmet), fighting with just his fists, enhanced with brass knuckles.
(As of Samurai Heroes)
- Bond Bracers - Ieyasu's basic weapon.
- Spike Smashers - 5% chance of extra light based attack damage.
- Demon Crushers - BASARA gauge fills quicker than normal.
- Zen Gauntlets - 10% chance of extra light based attack damage.
(As of Samurai Heroes)
- Providence Punch - a straight jab attack with a twisting arm motion. Can be charged for combo attack to smash enemies who are even far away.
- Fang Fist - a swift jump to approach the enemy and an attack with an intense body blow. Sequence with fiery downward punch.
- Sun Splitter - he smashes the ground with a power charged fist. It will knock down nearby enemies with a shock wave. (Unlocked at Level 5)
- Eastern Winds - punches enemies with 1-2-3 combo. (Unlocked at Level 15)
- Tokugawa Might - sends a shockwave up into the air. (Unlocked at Level 20)
- Hard Head - headbutts enemies. (Unlocked at Level 40)
- Allegiance - borrows Tadakatsu's spear and throws it. (Unlocked at Level 50)
In Japanese HistoryEdit
For more of this character, see their gallery.