June, as she appears in Plasma Sword.
|Full Name||June Lin Milliam|
|Weight||49kg (108 lbs.)|
|Measurements (Bust, Waist, Hip)||N/A|
June, also known by her full name June Lin Milliam, is a fighting game character from the Star Gladiator series of 3D fighting games. June is a talented young British-Chinese rhythmic gymnast who fights with a Plasma Ring and that she has a kind and cheerful personality to those who meet her, but in truth, June's personality is used to mask her inner pain and sadness.
One of the most talented rhythmic gymnasts in the world, June is a British-Chinese girl who battles to avenge her parents' death at Bilstein's hands.
Originally hailing from Hong Kong, June and her parents were forced to take immediate refuge in the United Kingdom after an intense cultural revolution from mainland China had eventually spread into her hometown when she was 14. Soon after their migration, June's father, Michael Milliam was left with no other choice of work but from within the laboratories of Bilstein. Calamity struck again when June's father was killed in a laboratory accident, with her mother having disappeared and soon found after committing suicide. After finding out that her father's death was a cover-up at the crime scene after the arrest of Bilstein, June vowed to get her revenge against the mad scientist after his escape and declaration of universal domination. Through her uncle who had held a high position in the Earth Federation's military, June was able to join Project Star Gladiator, and follow her pursuit of vengeance.
June was unaware that her father was in fact Rimgal, who, in his Velociraptor dinosaur form, had jumped to his death from the top of the Fourth Empire flying fortress so that he could ensure that his inner feral beast wouldn't get the chance and opportunity to hurt his daughter and her friends.
Even though June has a happy-go-lucky outlook, she hides deep within her soul the pain of having to lose the people that she had loved the most. After Bilstein's defeat, June felt that she had nothing else left to live for and tried to commit suicide through the use of a drug overdose, but Hayato had managed to stop her in the end and reminded June that he and the rest of their friends had cared very much for her. Upon hearing and learning of this emotional revelation, June had realized that she still has much to live for and is determined to look forward to the future so that she could spend the rest of her life with Hayato and the others from within a state of peace and happiness.
In the sequel Plasma Sword (Star Gladiator 2), June was very shocked to hear and learn that Bilstein had somehow came back to life and was attempting a second conquest of the universe with his Fourth Empire. Feeling and believing that she had to settle the score with Bilstein on her own personal terms, June had painfully left Hayato and the others behind as she had ventured forth on a solo mission in order to find and defeat Bilstein once and for all.
After defeating Bilstein, June returns home to visit the picture of her deceased parents.
"I have finally avenged you. For so many years, all I felt was vengeance and now I feel...nothing. Finally, you can rest in peace...since I have nothing left, I will join you soon."
With that, June takes a bottle of drugs off her desk, and raises it to her mouth. Suddenly, Hayato slams open her front door...
"Don't do it, June! Don't leave us like your mom left you. Saturn, Gamof, and I need you! Don't you see that you've got a new family now?" As his words slowly warm her frozen heart, she says, "W...what are you talking about, Hayato?! This is just cough medicine."
With that, June runs into the arms of Hayato...and behind her, her parents smile from their picture.
- HAYATO: June! What were you thinking!? Why did you leave by yourself?
- JUNE: (having just defeated Bilstein) .........
- HAYATO: At least you survived... But...hey, are you listening? June!!
- JUNE: ...S...sorry.
- HAYATO: You have no idea how much Gamof and the others worried about you!
- JUNE: Gamof and the others? ...Hee hee hee.
- HAYATO: Wh...what's so funny!? Let's go back now!
- JUNE: Yes, let's go!!
- June makes a cameo appearance in the background of the Shanghai stage in Capcom vs. SNK 2, along with other China-themed characters from both companies.
- She appears as a card in the SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters series of card games.
- In Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, she appears in Deadpool's ending, asking for his autograph, and also in Hawkeye's ending as a new member of the West Coast Avengers. She is also a card in the Heroes and Heralds mode.
- She makes an appearence as a playable support unit in Project X Zone 2.
- Interestingly, Hong Kong in the Star Gladiator universe is still under British rule, making her nationality British, as her backstory predates Hong Kong's official transfer of sovereignty from the United Kingdom back to China on July 1st, 1997, nearly a year after the official debut of Star Gladiator.
- June had a cameo in Issue #35 of Archie's Mega Man comics, "X Factor Part 2", standing next to Split Mushroom.
- Her design is best described as a mix of Princess Leia of Star Wars fame and Chun-Li; however, her British heritage, performance arts career, and refugee backstory appear to draw similarities to that of famous actress Audrey Hepburn, to whom the Japanese nation bear a great deal of respect and admiration for, and her name and appearance also draw similarity to Jun The Swan of science fiction tokusatsu anime series Gatchaman.
For more of this, see their gallery.