Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter is the second game in the Versus fighting series. It was originally released in arcades in 1997, and then later ported to the Sega Saturn and the PlayStation.
|Omega Red||M. Bison|
Secret Characters Edit
- Shadow - A darkened version of Charlie with powerful super moves that have incredible start-up lag. A version of Charlie that suffered harsh experiments at Shadaloo's hands, and now serves them. At the time the game takes place however, he has broken free of their control.
- Mephisto: A palette swap of Blackheart. His physical basic attacks ignite the opponent when they connect, but this is just an aesthetic difference. He is Blackheart's father in the comics.
- Mech-Zangief - A version of Zangief that can neither block nor be put into hit stun. Because Zangief can turn into this character in later installments of the series, many mistakingly called it "Evil Zangief".
- Dark Sakura - (Sunburnt Sakura in Japan) - A sunburned Sakura who throws fireballs horizontally instead of diagonally, and also has Akuma's Ashura Warp and can perform the Shun Goku Satsu (sometimes mistakenly called "Dark Sakura").
- Cyber-Akuma - A cyborg, amped-up version of Akuma created by Apocalypse. Also serves as the game's final boss. Called Mech-Gouki in Japan.
- Norimaro - Norimaro is a nerdish, cowardly schoolboy-type guy who is only available in the Japanese version of the game. He is armed with a camera and throws common school items, mini-Akuma dolls, and plushies as fireballs. He might even attempt to ask for his opponent's autograph mid-battle. But, despite this comic relief facade, he has some of the most powerful moves in the game. He is based on real-life Japanese comedian Noritake Kinashi.
- Armored Spider-Man - A gray version of Spider-Man that has limited armor, based on a metallic suit he wore in the comics as well as episodes later aired in the Marvel Studios animated series. He possess more resistance and sometimes no hit reaction to enemies attacks. He also has a slower walking speed and jumps slightly lower than before due to the heaviness of his armor. His damage from super combos is also reduced.
- U.S. Agent - Although a distinctly different character than Captain America in the Marvel universe, he is just a palette swap in the game. He has, however, his own winning quotes, which are very aggressive in comparison to Captain America's.
- Cody and Jessica from Final Fight can be seen in the background of one of the stages.
- There are several cameos of Rockman (Mega Man) in this game, in the mall stage, there's a cameo of a Rockman cut-out (perhaps someone in a Rockman suit), in relation to Capcom celebrating Rockman's "10th Anniversary" in 1997, they put a banner saying '10th Anniversary: Rockman' and in one of Norimaro's super combos, he does a cosplay of Rockman.
- Charlie, Gambit, Rogue, and Rose appear in the background in the 'Showdown in the Park' stage.
- Kei Chitose also appears at the beginning of matches when playing as Sakura.
Planner: Atsushi Tomita, Nakano Tau! Masahiro, Dave Matumoto
Original Art Work: Akiman, Sakomizu, Ukabin
Object Designer: Minobe Hiroaki Da!!, Sagata, G.Kamina, Miwaringo, Kohichi Kikutani, Hiroshi Yoshioka, Shinya Miyamoto, Masanori Kondo, Rie Satou, Takep, Yosinori Yamamoto, Jon Narancha, Toshihiro Suzuki, R.Naoi, Kanako♥Takami
Scroll Designer: Iwai, Konomi, Hisashi Sawada, Dear Akirakun 1997, May, Inoyan, Youko Fukumoto, Kisabom, Takashi Fujiwara, Hiroshi Yuugen, Chie Morisaki, Holly Genki?, Shinnosuke, Manga-Chop
Music Compose & Arrange: Yuki Iwai, Yuko Kadota
Sound Director: Hiroaki "X68K" Kondo (Cipher)
Sound Assistant: Hachi & Ise & Lee, Moe・T (Cipher)
Recording Director: Susan Hart
Recording Engineer: Paul Shubat, Dave Hatt
Programmer: Motsu, Eternal Sailor, Kaw, Silver Kadontz, You!
Voice Actor - Street Fighter: Tetsuya Iwanaga, Yuko Sasamoto, Wataru Takagi, Tomomichi Nishimura, Osamu Hosoi, Yuko Miyamura, Toshiyuki Morikawa, Yoshiharu Yamada (Arts Vision)
Voice Actor - Marvel Super Heroes: Andrew Jackson, Cathal Dodd, Frank Perry, Jaimz Woolvet, Len Doncheff, Lorne Kenedy, Norman Spencer, Patric Chilvers
Narrator: Tony Daniels
Producer: Kenji Kataoka
General Producer: Noritaka Funamizu
Executive Producer: Yoshiki Okamoto
Norimaro Design & Voice: Noritaro Kinashi
Norimaro Name: Akiyuki Uratani
NTV Director: Satoshi Kojima
NTV Producer: Masahiko Ohsawa
Special Thanks to: Adviser Akitomo, Dana Moreshead, Lisa Leatherman, Takuya Shiraiwa, Erik Suzuki, Harumi Yamashita, Yumiko Nishi, Kinu♥Nishimura, Marvel Characters, Inc., Arrival, NTV, Shogakukan Production Co., Ltd, All Capcom Staff, and ・・・You
Presented by: Capcom