The game was re-released as part of the Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy game for the 3DS in 2014.
- Phoenix Wright
- Miles Edgeworth
- Dick Gumshoe
- The judge
- Larry Butz
- Maya Fey
- Mia Fey (as a spirit)
- Franziska von Karma
- Lotta Hart
- Pearl Fey - is Maya's cousin. She takes over as Wright's assistant during episode 4 in Maya's absence.
- Maggey Byrde - one of Wright's clients who has extremely bad luck.
- Morgan Fey - Pearl's embittered mother, whose spiritual skills never matched her younger sister's.
- Max Galactica - a flamboyant magician and defendant in the murder of a circus ringmaster.
- Matt Engarde - a movie star and defendant in the murder of a rival actor who was trying to ruin his career.
Like the original game, the first trial is a tutorial one that guides the player, Phoenix Wright, into all of the elements of the Ace Attorney courtroom. This is established by having Phoenix receive amnesia due to a head trauma. The remaining three trials are united by the mysterious disappearance of prosecutor Miles Edgeworth. In the second case, Wright meets the new prosecutor, Franziska von Karma, whose sole goal is to see Wright lose in court.
During the third case, Edgeworth returns to the city, and in the fourth, he takes his place once again as the prosecuting attorney, replacing von Karma, who has been shot. However, his personality has changed over the past year, and he pursues truth and justice.
Before the trial, Wright's assistant Maya Fey is kidnapped, and both Wright and Edgeworth work together to try to free Maya and convict the guilty party. As the trial reaches a climax, Edgeworth asks Wright to consider if a perfect court record is more important than doing the right thing. Both Wright and Edgeworth manage to successfully end the trial while at the same time convincing the kidnapper to let Maya go free. Franziska von Karma feels humiliated by being defeated by Wright, though Edgeworth encourages her to calm down before she leaves to train some more. Edgeworth himself is not fully done with his journey of discovery and leaves again.
Episode 1: The Lost Turnabout - While struck with amnesia, Wright must defend Officer Maggey Byrde in the murder of fellow officer and lover Dustin Prince.
Episode 2: Reunion, and Turnabout - Maya is accused of murdering a doctor, and Phoenix is introduced to the Magatama, a mystical object that alerts him to hidden information.
Episode 3: Turnabout Big Top - Phoenix defends famous magician Max Galactica for the death of the Berry Big Top circus's Ringmaster, Russel Berry.
Episode 4: Farewell, My Turnabout - Phoenix defends Matt Engarde, an actor charged with the murder of his television rival Juan Corrida. This case ends up becoming a personal matter after Maya gets kidnapped by an assassin hired by the real perpetrator.
Box Art Edit
- Out of all the mainline games' last episode culprits, the last culprit in Justice for All is so far the only one (unless one counts the DLC episodes' culprits in Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice) who was not involved in any law occuppation.