The Red Arremer is also the mascot of the Ghosts 'n Goblins series, usually in the logo engulfed in blue flames, and a Red Arremer called Firebrand starred in his own spin-off series that consisted of Gargoyle's Quest, Gargoyle's Quest II and Demon's Crest.
There are four kinds of Red Arremers: normal, King, Ace and Joker. King is the same as normal but wears armor, while Ace can breath fire and Joker has armor and a horn on its head.
In the game Demon's Crest, the Red Arremer Firebrand has access to five different forms besides his normal appearance. He gains these forms by collecting crests.
- Earth - In this form, Firebrand cannot fly. However, he gains the ability to dash and destroy obstructions in his path. He also can emit a strong breath attack that turns into an energy wave as soon as it touches the ground.
- Aerial - In this form, Firebrand's wings are much stronger, so he can fly without problems, even in strong gusts. His legs, however, are fragile, so he cannot cling to walls as he normally can. His breath attack is a powerful air blade that kills enemies.
- Tidal - Obviously stronger in the water, this form does not measure up nearly as well on dry land.
- Legendary - While in this form, Firebrand has control over time and can return to his former state years before the game starts. His skin is harder, withstanding more attacks and his breath now usually kills lesser enemies with one shot.
- Ultimate - A composite of Earth, Aerial, Tidal and Legendary all in one, the Ultimate form also comes with a chargeable breath attack.
Apparently, Firebrand is an Ace class Red Arremer, seeing as how he can breath fire in his normal form, as others of his kind do.
Other Appearances Edit
The Red Arremer appears in the trailer for Ghosts N' Goblins Online.
- In some older English localizations, this creature is often called Red Reamer or Red Devil.
- When Demitri use his Midnight Bliss on Red Arremer in SVC Chaos the latter's transformation is a young woman in a red bodysuit with blue boots and gloves that is equipped with a tail.
- As a servant of Astaroth, Firebrand is a hero for the Makai rather than a villain, as he's known to Arthur.