Shinkiro (森気楼) (born December 14, 1962) (real name - Toshiaki Mori) is a Japanese illustrator and conceptual artist currently employed by Capcom. Prior to joining Capcom, Shinkiro was employed by SNK, where he provided the character designs and cover illustrations for their Neo-Geo games, including The King of Fighters and Metal Slug series, until he was laid off due to SNK's bankruptcy in 2000.
At Capcom, Shinkiro has done several cover artworks and character designs for games, including Dino Stalker, Dead Rising and Bionic Commando Rearmed. He has also done covers for American comics such as Spider-Man Unlimited and UDON's Street Fighter comic series. His techniques are well known among fans due to his use of shading and lighting, giving his images a more realistic feel rather than an animated look seen in manga or anime.
Shinkiro also enjoyed success as the main illustrator of Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and Marvel vs. Capcom 3.
Works for Capcom Edit
- Capcom vs. SNK - (character art)
- Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts - (GBA box art)
- Final Fight One - (box art)
- Capcom vs. SNK 2
- Resident Evil Dead Aim - (box art)
- Resident Evil 4 - (box art - PS2 version)
- Garasu no Bara (Glass Rose)
- Capcom Classics Collection
- Ultimate Ghosts 'n Goblins - (box art)
- Capcom Fighting Evolution - (main illustrator, character art, box art)
- Resident Evil: Deadly Silence - (character art, box art)
- Dead Rising - promotional art
- Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
- Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars - (character design, promo art)
- SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos - promotional artwork
- Bionic Commando Rearmed - ingame character art, promotional art
- Dead Rising 2 - Japanese cover, promotional art
- Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds - promotional art