Street Fighter X Tekken is a fighting game developed by Capcom. It is a crossover fighting game that features characters from Capcom's Street Fighter characters and Namco's Tekken characters. There are 55 (43 for the default and 12 for the PS Vita and DLC) playable characters. Cole MacGrath from the inFAMOUS series is featured as a special guest character in the PlayStation edition. There are two versions of Street Fighter X Tekken, this one made by Capcom that has Street Fighter IV graphics and 2D gameplay. And the other one, Tekken X Street Fighter, being currently developed by Namco that will feature Tekken graphics and 3D gameplay. Street Fighter X Tekken was released in March 2012 for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, in May for the PC and October for the PlayStation Vita. Toro, Kuro, Mega Man and Pac-Man also appear as special guest characters in the Playstation 3 and Vita versions of the game.
A meteorite fall into the Earth, inside it, an unnatural box-shaped object was discovered among the fragments of the meteorite. Researchers from all over the world studied this object but didn't found a clue, just that its energy makes contact with fighters in conflict and bring them more power. This box is called "Pandora".
|STREET FIGHTER||TEKKEN||GUEST CHARACTERS|
|Abel||Marduk||Bad Box Art Mega Man^|
^ Default in the PlayStation Vita version, and downloadable content for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.
^^ Exclusively for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita.
The game's song is "Honest Eyes" by Black Tide.
- Dan makes a cameo appearance in the intro and he is the instructor in the tutorial mode, but he is not a playable character in the game.
- NANCY-MI874J, Alex, a Servbot head, E. Honda, El Fuerte, Blanka, Yun and Yang, Sodom, Haggar, Blade and Kunimitsu make cameo appearances in stage backgrounds.
- There are no exclusive characters for the Microsoft version.
- This is the first crossover Street Fighter game on Playstation Vita.
- This is the first Tekken game for the Windows PC (although this was developed by Capcom).
- Despite this game being a crossover, it is not canon to either the Street Fighter storyline or the Tekken storyline.
- Street Fighter X Tekken and Tekken X Street Fighter are both sequels to Namco X Capcom which is also not canon to either series.
- The Street Fighter character Ingrid is the one who created Pandora (as shown in the Street Fighter X Tekken prologue comic book made by UDON); however, this game, as well as the story, is non-canon.
- Ryu and Ken's ending in Street Fighter X Tekken suggest that Pandora was trying to turn Ryu into a completely different version of Evil Ryu; however, his headband was the only thing left in the snow, ending in a cliffhanger.
- It is unknown as of yet if Tekken X Street Fighter will be related to the storyline of Street Fighter X Tekken.