Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Tomoyuki Kawakami (川上 朝幸) is a former Capcom employee who originally served as a sound designer during the CPS2 era, usually credited by his alias, T.K, NY. He regularly worked with composer Takayuki Iwai regarding sound production for these titles, which is demonstrated through Kawakami's consistent (albeit uncredited) role as the announcer for the Armored Warriors/Cyberbots series.
Following this he became involved with the sound programming and design for fifth console generation titles (especially those for Sony PlayStation) in the Mega Man and Resident Evil series. This includes Mega Man Legends, for which he served as Sound Director. His last game with Capcom was its sequel, Mega Man Legends 2.
Kawakami has since became a part of sound production company audio studio hibiki inc. (along with his senior colleague, Toshio Kajino), where the two have once more worked together on PS2 title Mahoroba Stories. He has also had the opportunity to compose music for a few other Sony titles, including VitaminX for the PS2 and both Arms' Heart and Sengoku Efuda Yuugi: Hototogisu Tairan for the PSP.
- Dungeons & Dragons: Tower of Doom (1994) -- Sound Designer (as T.K,NY)
- Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors (1994/1996) -- Sound Design (as Tomoyuki "T.K,NY" Kawakami)
- Armored Warriors (1994) -- Sound Design (as T.K,NY) [NOTE: Also Announcer and voice of male characters]
- Night Warriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge (1995/1996) -- Sound Designer (as T.Kawakami "T.K,NY")
- Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness (Arcade Version) (1995) -- Sound Design (as T・Kawakami "T.K,NY") [NOTE: Also Announcer]
- Street Fighter Alpha (PSX and Saturn Versions) (1995/1996) -- Sound Design (Consumer Staff) (as Tomoyuki "T.K,NY" Kawakami)
- Mega Man 8 (1996/1997) -- Sound Composer (System) (as "T.K, NY" T.Kawakami)
- Mega Man Battle & Chase (1997) -- Sound Tool Programmer (as -TKNY- T・Kawakami), Sound Designer (as -TKNY- T・Kawakami)
- Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness (Saturn and PSX Versions) (1997) -- Sound Design (Arcade Staff) (as T.Kawakami "T.K,NY"), Sound ‒MA‒ (Consumer Staff) (as T.Kawakami "T.K,NY")
- Mega Man Legends (1997/2001) -- Sound Director, Sound Effects, Sound Effect Editing
- Resident Evil 2 (PSX, PC and Dreamcast Versions) (1998/1999) -- Sound Cooperate (Special Thanks)
- Dino Crisis (PSX and PC Versions) (1999/2000) -- Sound Designer (Sound)
- Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PSX, PC and GCN Versions) (1999/2000/2003) -- Sound Design (Sound)
- Resident Evil 2 (N64 Version) (1999) -- Sound Cooperate (Special Thanks) (Original Staff)
- Mega Man Legends 2 (2000/2003) -- Special Thanks
- Mega Man 64 (2000) -- Sound Director (Original Staff), Sound Effects (Original Staff), Sound Effect Editing (Original Staff)