A Tyrant is an enemy and/or boss in the Resident Evil series of survival horror games. They are biologically engineered organisms created by the Umbrella Corporation to serve as potential soldiers. Several variations of the Tyrant have appeared in the games. Unfortunately for them, many were created with their oversized hearts exposed, this being a major weakness in an otherwise fearsome foe.
Types of Tyrants Edit
- Proto-Tyrant from Resident Evil 0 and Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles.
- T-002 Tyrant from Resident Evil, its remake and Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles.
- T-103 Tyrant from Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles.
- Nemesis featured in various games.
- T-078 Tyrant from Resident Evil Code: Veronica and Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles.
- Bandersnatch featured in various games.
- Hypnos from Resident Evil Survivor.
- Thanatos from Resident Evil Outbreak.
- T-A.L.O.S. from Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles.
- Ivan from Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles.
- Pluto - The Pluto Tyrant, featured in Resident Evil Dead Aim, is yet another of Umbrella's failed experiments. Originally a prisoner only known as Alpha, Pluto developed large amounts of fat instead of musculature. Its eyes were removed, so it guides itself by sound. Large, greenish, and surprisingly agile despite its bulk, Pluto eventually escaped confinement, and met its demise at the hands of Bruce McGivern. This creature will walk around the room until it hears the player, usually from a gunshot or from running, and will then charge. It's best for the player to take aim with the Silenced Handgun and sneak to avoid taking damage.
- Tyrant-R - A variation of the T-103 Tyrant, this B.O.W. was a boss in Resident Evil Outbreak: File 2. It was equipped with various cybernetic components and carried a small but powerful explosive in its neck. This B.O.W. was the type Ada Wong faced in Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles.
- Jabberwock S3 - The Jabberwock S3 Tyrant, from Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, is an experimental biological weapon enhanced by the T-Veronica virus. It has three sickle-shaped arms that possess unparalleled strength, and in its defensive form, uses these arms to cover its exposed heart, rendering bullets mostly useless. It has a higher-level intelligence and thus can understand commands, and can carry out its duties under a variety of circumstances.
- Tatsunoko vs. Capcom was going to have a Tyrant as a playable character but the idea was dropped. It is unknown which one it would have been but it is believed by some to be Nemesis as he is arguably the most recognizable Tyrant.