The Yashichi is a trademark shuriken-like emblem found in many Capcom video games. It often restores the player's health or acts as a bonus point item. The symbol is an orange circle decorated with a stylized white cross that resembles a pinwheel.
The item appeared first in 1984, in Capcom's first title, Vulgus, as an enemy (it was also featured in Capcom's fifth title, Exed Exes, in a similar role). Since then, it has been featured in many other games in a far more benign role; in particular, it appeared in Mega Man as an item which fully restored health and weapon energy. It once again serves the same purpose in the series' most recent installment, Mega Man 10, and can only be found on the game's Easy difficulty setting.
List of Games featuring the YashichiEdit
- Exed Exes
- Varth: Operation Thunderstorm
- Ghosts 'n Goblins
- Pirate Ship Higemaru
- Mega Man
- Commando - In the NES version, the item is invisible and found only after shooting its location. It gives the player 10,000 points. It is interesting to note that the Yashichi featured in the game is blue instead of orange or red.
- Black Tiger/Black Dragon
- 1943: The Battle of Midway
- 1943 Kai
- Forgotten Worlds
- U.N. Squadron - In this game, it completely refills the energy bar.
- Side Arms Hyper Dyne
- Strider 2
- 1941: Counter Attack
- Kamen no Ninja Hanamaru/Yo Noid
- Magic Sword
- Final Fight 3
- King Of Dragons
- Marvel Super Heroes
- Mega Man Battle & Chase
- Mega Man 8
- Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters
- Mega Man Battle Chip Challenge
- Mega Man ZX Advent
- Capcom Fighting Evolution
- 1942: Joint Strike
- Bionic Commando Rearmed - It serves as a collectable item which earns the collector an achievement for all twelve found within the game.
- Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 - The item, featured for the first time in a non-Capcom game, deals 50 points of Wind Damage.
- Dark Void Zero
- Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
- Mega Man 10
- Dead Rising 2
- Marvel vs. Capcom 3 - Appears as one of Hsien-Ko's projectiles.
- Asura's Wrath - Hidden within the interlude of Episode 2.
- Resident Evil 6
Thanks, in part, to Giant Bomb for the information.