Yoshihiro Shimazu (Zaan in Devil Kings) is a character in the Sengoku BASARA series. His element is lightning and his weapon of choice is a Broad Sword. He also has a powerful shouting ability called Truth that can knock back and damage any enemies that are close to him.
Yoshihiro Shimazu is depicted as an elderly, though muscular man with his white hair pulled straight up in a top knot, wielding a big sword. His default outfit has two thick ropes crisscrossed around his torso like bandoliers, and one around his waist. Yoshihiro likes to drink and fight and even more so when his rival, Tadakatsu Honda, is in the enemy ranks. He joins the Western Army in Sengoku BASARA: Samurai Heroes. In Kotaro's alternate story line, he joins Sōrin's forces and becomes a Xavist. His name is then changed to Chester.
Yoshihiro appeared in the original game as a NPC, but did not make his first playable appearance until Sengoku BASARA 2. He has been featured in every single game in the series since. In Sengoku BASARA 4, he is unlocked by completing Motonari Mori's storyline.
- Summer Gale - Yoshihiro's basic weapon.
- Thunder God - chance of extra lightning based attack damage.
- Iron Mauler - BASARA gauge fills quicker than normal.
- Forked Lightning - chance of extra lightning based attack damage.
- Skewered Taste - joke weapon. Pieces of meat and tofu grilled to perfection on a skewer.
- Rolling Thunder - flips in the air, slamming down with a charged sword slash.
- Hammer - jumps up and smashes sword down flat onto the ground.
- Truth - sends enemies flying with a frightening battle cry. (Unlocked at Level 5)
- Berserker - puts every bit of energy into several powerful slashes. (Unlocked at Level 10)
- Power Surge - imbues sword with lightning, expanding attack range. (Unlocked at Level 20)
- Beast Cut - fills sword with battle energy, then launches it forward. (Unlocked at Level 30)
- Lightning Sword - slashes lightning imbued sword into the ground. (Unlocked at Level 40)
In Japanese cultureEdit
Yoshihiro is voiced by Kenichi Ogata in the Japanese games, Paul Dobson in Devil Kings and Peter Beckman in Sengoku BASARA: Samurai Heroes. His English voice actor in the anime is R. Bruce Elliott.