Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Official art for Project Justice.
|Full Name||Yurika Kirishima|
|Height||165 cm (5'5")|
|Likes||Her younger brother, harmonicas and violins, clothes with lace and frills|
|Dislikes||Ravens, squids, octopi, other soft-bodied animals, the reverse society of the Kirishima and Imawano clans|
|Measurements (Bust, Waist, Hip)||87 cm (34"), 55 cm (22"), 84 cm (33")|
|Fighting Style||Western-style fencing|
Yurika Kirishima (霧島 ゆりか Kirishima Yurika) is a fighting game character introduced in Project Justice, the second game in the Rival Schools series. She is the older sister of the game's main antagonist, Kurow Kirishima.
Yurika, the "Melodic Young Woman"
The older sister of Kurow Kirishima, Yurika is a calm and timid young lady who's not the type of person to yell or make a fuss out of anything. On top of that, she does not do things on her own accord. She is musically gifted, being able to master just about any musical instrument; in particular, her mastery of the violin is at par with that of a professional. She is also seen playing Kurow's flute during the School gang war between Gedo High and Seijyun High while trying to control Daigo.
Yurika has long platinum blonde hair which is loose and styled into a single ringlet at the right side of her shoulders. Her eye color is black.
Like Kyosuke, Yurika wears an altered version of the Seijyun High school uniform; she wears a cyan short sleeve jacket with white and black linings at the edge, a white long sleeve sailor fuku with red laced ribbon at the center of her collar, white long frill skirt with black linings and a large red bow at the back, white stockings and red crossed flats. Her fuku is white with black cross linings in each sides and a Seijyun emblem at the left side of the jacket. She also wears white gloves.
Yurika carries a violin and a violin bow which she use as her main weapons when she utilizes her fencing abilities.
After the events of the original game, Akira was transferred to Seijyun High, leaving her without any friends. That is, until she found one in Yurika, to whom she told her about her concern with her older brother after the latter's return from training somewhere far away. Yurika eventually agrees, and they are later joined by Aoi "Zaki" Himezaki in the quest.
Sometime later, she splits from the group to brainwash Akira's older brother, Daigo Kazama (giving rise to Wild Daigo) using her younger brother's flute while in hiding even she hurts both of them by controlling Daigo to confront them but Zaki eventually overhears her playing with it. Yurika eventually admits to the two her involvement in her brother's evil scheme, and soon becomes guilty from her brother's schemes and her own plan was to stop Kurow and his plans to assassinate the Imawanos, Kurow brands her as a traitor as Yurika goes to Akira's side to fight him as Akira could not forgive Kurow for ruining his family relationship with his sister. She later assists them in defeating a possessed Hyo after her brother, Kurow released the seal within Hyo's sword before he was suffered in a bloody defeat by him.
After the events, Yurika left out of guilt for taking part in her brother's plans, but returns to Seijyun, where she is warmly welcomed again by Akira and Zaki.
Arsenal, combat style, and fighting strategy Edit
Yurika fights with her violin, her violin bow can deflect projectile attacks back to her opponents. The way she uses the violin bow is similar to how a fencer would wield a fencing rapier.
- Alluring Waltz (Japanese: 魅惑のワルツ Miwaku no Waltz) - Yurika does a sidestep, charges forward, and swings her violin bow. The strike may either hit low, or launch the opponent into the air, depending on the punch button pressed for this attack's button combination. Startup, however, is slow, and cannot be connected from a combo.
- Desperate Love Serenade (Japanese: 悲恋のセレナーデ Hiren no Serenade) - Yurika produces a ring of musical symbols from her violin while jumping backward. This is good for stopping approaching opponents in their tracks. This is also usable in the air.
- Abyss Minuet (Japanese: 深淵のメヌエット Shin'en no Minuet) - Yurika pokes the opponent with her violin bow, and it has two versions, depending on the punch button pressed for this attack's button combination:
- Version One - The attack strikes twice, with the second hit striking low.
- Version Two - The attack strikes three times. The last blow knocks the opponent away from her.
- Sunset Lullaby (Japanese: 落日のララバイ Rakujitsu no Lullaby) - Yurika plays her violin while spinning, generating a vortex of musical symbols around her while she spins. It hits multiple times, and is a good anti-air attack. The major downside of this attack is its very short range.
Burning Vigor AttacksEdit
- Underworldly Nocturne (Japanese: 冥府のノクターン Meifu no Nocturne) - Yurika zips across the field, leaving a trail of musical notes and symbols on a musical staff, then faces the character afterwards. Even if blocked, Yurika will end up some distance away from the opponent, safe from being counterattacked.
- Amorous Requiem (Japanese: 慈愛のレクイエム Jiai no Requiem) - Yurika does a six-hit Abyss Minuet, followed by an upward strike that sends the opponent high into the air, from which an Air Combo can be done immediately afterwards.
- Death's Invitational Rondo (Japanese: 死呼ぶロンド Shiyobu no Rondo) - Powered version of the Sunset Lullaby. Yurika rises to the air as she spins, dealing multiple hits. The opponent is sent landing to the ground on their back without being able to recover. This can also be used in the air, in which this makes an excellent Air Combo finisher (especially if the Air Combo was initiated using the Amorous Requiem). Yurika, however, is completely vulnerable to counterattacks if this attack misses, or is blocked.
- Encouraging Concerto (Japanese: 激励のコンチェルト Gekirei no Concerto) - Yurika does a spinning landing in front of the opponent and plays a tune of her violin to which the active character moves their hands to the rhythm of the tune by using the conductor's gesture. This fills the Guts meter to maximum level.
- Yurika does the Divine Woman's Hammer.
Cameo Appearances Edit
Yurika appeared as a card in the SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighters games.
- Other than the fact that she has a younger brother, the existence and whereabouts of their parents remain unknown up to this day.
- With regards to home life, Yurika lives alone in the Seijyun dorms. Her neighbor in the dormitory was Akira who previously lived there.
- Aside from being talented in playing a wide variety of musical instruments, Yurika is also a talented ballerina.
- She excels in English and music, but fares poorly in art.
- Yurika is the second character who originally worked with a antagonistic sibling but changes sides later to stop them. The first one being Kyosuke Kagami.
- She is voiced by Keiko Han.
- Yurika is somewhat similar to Michiru Kaioh/Sailor Neptune from the anime, Sailor Moon. Both girls are mostly seen playing the violin.
- Yurika's formal coat nearly resembles the formal coat used for musical conductors.